[UK-CONTEST] AFS CW G0AZS or Contesters trust your ears...

Dave Sergeant dave at davesergeant.com
Mon Jan 15 02:00:18 EST 2007

On 14 Jan 2007 at 22:21, Marc Tinkler wrote:

> Anyway my main point is this... A few of you may have been relying too
> much on the "super check" function of your logging software and less
> on your excellent ears.

Having my own set of problems with people relying on SuperCheck
partial I don't use it at all here myself.... Many times I am
confused with G3YEC, and occasionally we even find ourselves calling
at the same time in contests. This leads to great amusement when he
completes his QSO with YEC to find he has to put YMC in the log next.
Other times they claim I am a dupe...

I am not sure who YEC or SuperCheck was confusing me with when I
worked him yesterday afternoon as some totally different call
appeared the first time, but we got there in the end...

Oh, and I don't use the keying functions of SD either, every dot and
dash is sent with my own paddle and fingers... But I realise that is
not the norm.

73 Dave G3YMC

http://www.davesergeant.com