[UK-CONTEST] QRS Contest

Marc Tinkler marc.tinkler at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 16 05:46:26 EST 2007

Hi Don

I agree totally.. this software just helps to get your brain used to the idea
of receiving at that speed... practice at sending (using straight key, paddle
or keyboard) should be done with whatever your are comfortable with.

However, although my paddle is plugged in next to the keyboard, I find that
"function key" messages work fine and then when I need to send somehing "free
form" I just type Alt-K (with WL) and then type what I want to send.

That way I dont have to take my attention away from the keyboard... because my
"CW brain" is still not good enough to chop and change between different
inputs... again that will come later for me I think.

Of course that might not be everyones cup of tea....

73 Marc - G0AZS, K1UG