[UK-CONTEST] SSB AFS - G4FKA

g4fka at aol.com g4fka at aol.com
Sun Jan 21 08:46:51 EST 2007

Nice to see the large scores from the bigger stations so well done to all.
It was great to see so much activity throughout the session.

>From the perspective of the smaller station it was challenging to say the
least. Lots of strong signals but some a tad wider than others.  Variable paths
with some quite wide signal strength swings. None of the QRM  suffered by
others.

Last minute problems with the wet string. Doublet snapped in the  wind on
Friday evening and again on Saturday morning so more soldered  joints than wire
now! Problems matching it and only discovered  after the event that the doublet
elements had become entwined in my rush to  get the centre back up after the
repairs. So the configuration was probably more  like a T.

Difficult to meaningfully hold a run frequency early on so did a mix of  S&P
and runs as little holes appeared.

159 dupe-free QSOs were my humble contribution to the melee.

Must get an amp!

Geoff G4FKA