[UK-CONTEST] GW0ETF Commonwealth contest

Stewart Rolfe gw0etf at btinternet.com
Mon Mar 12 18:05:04 EST 2007

A kind of serious attempt here with 100w and a 102 foot doublet. Seemed
to be popping in and out continuously checking conditions but just
totted up off times and realise I was only at the radio for 5hrs 10mins....!

After the first 2 contacts we had 2 power glitches which rebooted the
computer; the second was just as N1MM was starting up again - result was
that I couldn't get N1MM to restart at all. The database was trashed and
took a while to sort so not in a good mood.

80m          2
40m        25
20m        35
15m         7
All s&p
          (1195 points?)

A nice mix though. Worked V25XF right at the start when he was very weak
but thereafter he was consistently strong (and busy...) here. Nice to
get some Africans in the log; missed VP8NO but got VP8KF instead. I
suppose each year ought to get better now.......

Stewart Rolfe, GW0ETF