[UK-CONTEST] Commonwealth Contest, GM0GAV

Gavin Taylor GM0GAV gavin at hfdx.co.uk
Tue Mar 13 13:58:53 EST 2007

That was good fun, conditions not bad. I had a bit of a nighmare start when
I switched on at 0945 to find S9+ powerline noise to the east, this lasted
to about 1900. After that it occasionally popped and crackled but didn't
cause much of a problem. Sure I missed stuff to the east on 20 & 15 but 40
wasn't so bad as I have a beverage some distance away from the noisy pole.
Hopefully it will be fixed by the power company in April.

Being in GM didn't help me with GB5CC, only managed 80 & 40. Tried to move
him up through the bands but he disappeared.

Well done to Dave & Don, very impressive. I ended up with 5520 points & 320
valid Q's, breakdown is:

60/36
102/62
113/59