[UK-CONTEST] 80MCC CW Leg

Ray Hills g3hrh at btinternet.com
Thu Mar 15 06:08:59 EST 2007

Well in this part of the South Coast the band closed at almost exactly
20.45.  It only took a minute or so to go from great to lousy.  Once that
happened I was left searching for GMs and avoidng EU stations who wanted to
rag chew.  Don't they realise there is a contest going on?  BTW I had
intended starting off with Colin, PSM, when I heard him warming up and sat
on his freq.  Unfortunately it took me five minutes to realise that I hadn't
switched on the heaters on the TS830 !!  You FT1000 guys wouldn't understand
that of course.  And does the EU legislation now mean that I have to replace
the 6146s with the low energy flourescent version????

Ray G3HRH