[UK-CONTEST] Anti-contest letters

Dave Sergeant dave at davesergeant.com
Fri Mar 30 00:49:14 EST 2007

On 29 Mar 2007 at 21:38, Phil Cooper wrote:

> I was also quite amused by those letters pertaining to the use of area
> designators when operating abroad. My licence is for GU0SUP. I have
> never been licenced as anything else, and to suggest I should operate
> as **/G0SUP, rather than **/GU0SUP is totally absurd! I really cannot
> understand how this was ever doubted, and why the RSGB leant any
> credence to such a thought. And why they (RSGB) then had to "clarify"
> this with Ofcom in the April issue is beyond me!

Apparently someone decided to ring Ofcom and ask them before going on
a trip. A misinformed person there told them that and started the
confusion. So you should blame Ofcom....

It started a silly train of threads on the GQRP reflector a couple of
months ago.

73 Dave G3YMC

http://www.davesergeant.com