[UK-CONTEST] Improving CW Capability

Don Field don.field at gmail.com
Fri Mar 30 16:17:48 EST 2007

I have been humbled by watching Trey N5KO in my shack, ragchewing at close
to 50wpm with an OH through dire QRM on 40 CW, while holding a conversation
with me! But he, like many other top US contest ops, started on the traffic
nets, something we never had in the UK. And he did so as a teenager. Like
learning a language or learning to play a musical instrument, I suspect CW
ability is best learned while young. But for those of us who are already of
a certain age, there is precious little we can do about that!

Hope to see some of you tomorrow evening at the CDXC dinner.

Don G3XTT