[UK-CONTEST] Field Day Essentials

Stewart Rolfe gw0etf at btinternet.com
Wed May 23 03:07:41 EDT 2007

Mike Harris wrote:
> >>................ This also makes it easier to fill the generator in the
> >>middle of the night.
>

> Fill the genny whilst its running!  Most warn you to switch it off and let
> it cool for a couple of minutes, that is unless you like skin grafts.
>
> Regards,
>
> Mike VP8NO

C'mon Mike where's your sense of adventure??
Must admit though our club has just offloaded our petrol genny and
forked out on a diesel model amidst concerns about 'filling up in the
middle of the night' and compliance with the ever more common 'risk
assessment' culture. In fact at least one of our regular SES sites now
ban petrol gennies full stop.
Stewart Rolfe,  GW0ETF