[UK-CONTEST] set top box

David - M0ZLB m0zlb at btinternet.com
Thu May 24 18:09:09 EDT 2007

Peter,

Unfortunately, due to the abysmal lack of protections that we have in
this country, its unlikely Virgin will waste any time on your neighbours
equipment as the ball lies fairly and squarely in your court - now in
the US, the set top box would be classed as unable to prevent the
intrusion of spurious interference and the responsibility would lie with
the neighbours equipment.

Fair? Course not!

Anything we can do about it? Course not!

Reason for the problem? - many years of negligent management by our
National Society and their failure to secure us "protected status" like
our US friends.

And don't bother with Ofcom - as we meekly accepted a free licence for
life the concept of contract law went straight out of the window! We
don't pay any "consideration" for our licence and that therefore negates
any supposed contract - they don't legally have to provide, supply or
protect us in any way!

Another example of piss poor administration of our hobby!

Try a good low pass filter though!

David
M0ZLB/KG4ZLB