[UK-CONTEST] WPX CW G4IIY SO(A)AB HP

Ian Fugler G4IIY zen90387 at zen.co.uk
Mon May 28 11:23:29 EDT 2007

Great to hear 10m open, albeit very short skip.  Only worked EA8 and 5B,
otherwise all EU.  It's been a long time since I made over 200 Qs on 10m in
a weekend.  Could have been a lot more, but had to take the children
swimming on Saturday afternoon, when the band seemed to be getting better.
It was similar on Sunday, when we made the obligatory Bank Holiday weekend
trip to the DIY store.  Good to work Fraser F/G4BJM on 10m.

Found that I lost the internet connection when txing full pwr on 80m.  It's
not happened previously and I am blowed if I can get it to repeat today.
Perhaps it was a temporary blip.  My only thought is that, in the evening,
the signal:noise ratio gets slightly worse.  I know that others have noticed
the same thing when, like us, they are on the extreme limit of broadband
coverage.  Perhaps the 'weaker' broadband signal was more susceptible to RF.
Anyway, if that's the only EMC problem, then I cannot complain, especially
as I cannot get it do it again.

 Band  QSOs
  160:    0
   80:   31