[UK-CONTEST] Software Poll

Chris Tran ZL1CT zl1ct at gm7v.com
Sat Nov 3 20:33:43 EST 2007

Hi Jim et al

Without getting too nostalgic, we started with 'CT' about 1992, on a PC with
1MB of RAM - ran out of space to store QSOs in 1 contest ! Stuck with CT
until well past its sell-by date (always had problems with networking) then
went to Writelog then to Win-test. (Looked at N1MM but rejected it -
especially after using it in 1 contest)

I have to disagree with Ian - my needs for day-to-day logging are very
different from my contest logging requirements. I use Logger32 for
day-to-day stuff, DXCC checking with LoTW reports imported, etc.. and
Win-test for contest logging.

My advice would be to try as many of these programs as you can - they all
have some hidden (or obvious) deficiencies, then you will find one that
suits you best. Check compatibility with present and future hardware, USB
support, etc..  Good software = you don't need to read the manual for 99% of
tasks !

73
Chris
ZL1CT / GM3WOJ