[UK-CONTEST] Software Poll SD SDV

ALEX LISTER alexcom22 at btopenworld.com
Sun Nov 4 03:02:35 EST 2007

Re SD SDV

  At Leicester Radio Society we have used SD & SDV for a number of years.
  We used to use WGV but understand it won,t run on more modern PC,s
  WGV has along text field for notes.

  Paul is always responsive to any suggestions and fixed a bug in SDV just before the VHF NFD 2006.
  Just wish he would add 1.8 Club calls to his portfolio.

  I am an irregular ( About 8 HF & VHF contests per year)
  So from a memory angle there is much to recommend using the same program.
  (Learning curve and saves embarrassment just before the contest)
  Yes one could argue horses for courses but personally I like to use the same software Suite.s.

  1. My vote is for SD/SDV  (And rem its now free)
  2. Do what you like as an individual ie Horses for Courses.
     But for club use always recommend using the same     software    suite for all contests.

  Data contests
  For Data contests I prefer to use the contest mode built around the data drivers.
  Have used MIXw2 .
  MMTTY & some others will permit logging using external log progs,
                                                     Also has its own contest mode.
  A friend uses RCK but that is not free !

  73 & CQ 160 next Sat (using SD with post contest scoreing)