[UK-CONTEST] Software Poll

Cooper, Stewart coopers at odl.co.uk
Mon Nov 5 16:15:55 EST 2007

Yes, I was aware of the ESM concept and type ahead and have used TR, but wasn't aware that that was what it was called. When I tried TR many many years ago I don't remember it being called that - it was just the way the software worked when in S&P mode. I do have a problem doing 'ESM' though. As someone who seems to spend all day nowadays writing code, I have to say I agree with Dave's quote from N6TV - a key should perform one function. My simple brain understands that, especially when I'm tired!
This is a good thread. What I find fascinating is that I can absolutely hate a piece of software (I mean, not want to use it AT ALL), and others extoll its virtues. I do like the idea of a poll where we say why we don't like a piece of logging software, rather than why we like it. Saying why you like it is like saying you like your car because it has a device which tells you how fast you're going.
72
Stewart
GM4AFF

Stewart Cooper
Maintenance Systems Engineer

ODL
Buchanan House  Summer Street  Aberdeen  UK  AB10 1SJ

Tel (Direct) +44 (0)1224 628039
Tel (S'board) +44 (0)1224 628000
Fax +44 (0)1224 643325