[UK-CONTEST] Software Poll

Peter Bowyer peter at bowyer.org
Tue Nov 6 04:30:04 EST 2007

Hi Ian

You're right, it can degrade into religious wars - but I get the
feeling that's happening less and less - there's no problem someone
saying 'I use XYZ software because it does YYY and ZZZ which are
features I consider essential'. Simply saying 'I use BBB and so should
everyone else' is of course adding less value :-)

'I use CCC because I always have and I'm comfortable with it' is a
good personal reason not to change, but doesn't translate well onto a
new user's shopping list.

Peter G4MJS