[UK-CONTEST] CQWWCW - G4FKA SOABLP

g4fka at aol.com g4fka at aol.com
Mon Nov 26 17:19:42 EST 2007

Band  QSOs  Zones   Countries
------------------------------
160:   122         5           35
80:   281        11           51
40:   258        11           53
20:   296        15           63
15:    92        15           37
10:    13         4            9
------------------------------
Total:  1062    61      248

Total Score = 464,427

After a QSO total over 900 last  year my main aim this year was to break the
1000 QSO barrier for the first  time, without having to do too much "wee small
hours" stuff. To reduce the  risk of missing the rate, the compromise was
that I spent less time than I  normally would putting the effort into calling the
more interesting  DX/mults on the higher bands so probably less new band
slots this  time.

Operating was 99% S&P as usual with just a few mini-runs on a  few bands.
80/40/20 were an S&P'ers dream with a constant turnover of new  stations to work
over a wide stretch of each band. 15 had activity but was  not as easy as last
year to S&P from end to end. 10 had its moments but  again was lots of effort
for little return and with the 1k Qs in mind it was  back to the bread and
butter bands to keep the numbers ticking over.

Band of the weekend for me was 160. Great to work North America again  and to
work a good number of other stations on the band. Must be some good  receive
antenna systems out there and thanks to those who put in the effort to  dig
out the weak signal.

Station comprised the IC756ProIII, 100w, 30m  inverted V doublet plus sloping
half wave dipole on 10m.

Great fun as  ever and very pleased with the result - looking forward to next
year  already!

Geoff G4FKA