[UK-CONTEST] Short Contest Calls Etc.....

Geoff Morris gw3atz at btopenworld.com
Fri Nov 30 11:23:39 EST 2007

 I am more than happy to stick with my existing call for both contests and
day to day use. GW3ATZ/P has been around for nearly 60 years, first used by
my Father and then acquired by myself, his first harmonic a few years ago. I
assume that the clubs and contest groups that have the short contest calls
G3X etc., use them as they feel it helps. Easier to log by others, quicker
to send etc. As I can never compete with the large outfits on VHF with
regards to gear etc., the fact that they sometimes use short calls is of no
consequence. If they feel they need that extra

Geoff
GW3ATZ