[UK-CONTEST] SHORT CONTEST CALLS

Gavin Taylor GM0GAV gavin at hfdx.co.uk
Fri Nov 30 16:00:11 EST 2007

I would also be happy to trade in my 13 dah's for something shorter,
even if I already have a kind of vanity call. I only had to wait about
two weeks to get GAV after passing my cw test.

I don't think personal contest callsigns would be much different what we
have at the moment, better if everybody just has one personal callsign
plus the option of clubs holding a callsign. At least then Ofcom would
know how many amateurs there are. The GW3SQX / G3PJT document is perfect
as far as can see and would give everyone the chance to have a four
character callsign.

73 Gavin
GM0GAV