[UK-CONTEST] SSB FD Claimed Scores

Dave Cree daveg3tbk at tiscali.co.uk
Thu Sep 20 14:36:20 EDT 2007

Dave,

I think the problem is more how to get clubs with "occassional" contest
operators to participate. Most of the subscribers here are, after all,
the committed contest operators. The magnificently supported Club
Championship, with its speedy adjudication, (well done the HFCC)  has
shown that many others will participate with just a little extra incentive.

I also suspect some groups wrongly imagine that an entry requires huge
resources of equipment and especially manpower, we need to get across
the message that just ain't so.  At East Notts we enter the Open section
with only 6 people, including my XYL in charge of the coffee pot. Until
my lads were old enough to join in we used to manage with just four!
Years ago a problem for many groups was power, but with Generators now
so cheap to purchase, and readily available for hire, that can no longer
be an issue -  especially to enter the 100 watt section. Perhaps some
still imagine a problem in that area?

Having started the thread, perhaps others may have ideas about how we
prevent SSB FD becoming a German domestic contest, or do we assume Brits
no longer have a taste for competition after regular trouncings at
cricket, Rugby and soccer?

Dave