[UK-CONTEST] SSB FD Claimed Scores

Adrian Rees (MW1LCR) rees.a at btconnect.com
Thu Sep 20 17:34:33 EDT 2007

Part of the reason the why the Germans "Field" such a large number of /P
stations for this event, is in my opinion, the fact that the whole of
August is taken as a holiday, by most Germans and French.

I suspect that in actual fact there are only a small number of die hard
contest groups going out in Germany for Field Day, probably the same as
the UK, and in fact what we are seeing is the Holiday Operators coming
on for the contest. After all, how many German stations do we work, on
the Sunday afternoon, who send low serials ?

I agree with the rest of your email, as I can confirm, that entering SSB
FD is very easy. I do it on my own...if I can keep awake !

Adrian
MW1LCR