[UK-CONTEST] Asus eee PC

Alan Jubb - 5B4AHJ g3pmr at shacklog.co.uk
Fri Aug 8 07:59:08 EDT 2008

I'm looking at UMPCs myself at the moment, for travelling and radio (when
travelling).

There are now several models of the Eee, the 701, 900, 901, 904 and 1000
(and maybe others). Each of them comes in various variants, mainly to do
with whether you want WinXP or Linux. The XP versions use a HDD for non
volatile storage, whereas the Linux versions use solid state NV memory.

They come with 3 or 6 cell batteries.

The 1000HD has a 10" screen at 1024 x 600 resolution, 80Gb HDD and 1Gb RAM,
and runs XP. Available from www.clove.co.uk for £349, so more expensive than
the earlier ones.

Others to consider are the Vye 237B (expensive but recommended by Neil
G0JHC), Acer Aspire One, MSI Wind. That latter is available at a very good
price from PC World but they won't deliver to Cyprus.

Another useful site is http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_netbooks

73
Alan 5B4AHJ