[UK-CONTEST] RSGB Sprint Contest

stewart rolfe gw0etf at btinternet.com
Wed Aug 13 03:08:03 EDT 2008

--- Steve Knowles <g3ufy at blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:

> Don't see the point, Stewart.  There's no guarantee
> that a frequency which
> is a fixed step away will be clear and available.
> Even if it is and you
> make a quick QSO, the first frequency will probably
> still be occupied,
> either by the station who worked you there or, if
> not by him, by the person
> who then worked him and properly inherited the
> channel!
>
> Steve Knowles, G3UFY

Steve,

Was thinking of it more as a starting point to start
tuning from, up or down as the case may be (swap vfo
to reverse).

I find a tendency to move off after a 'run' qso but
stop when I hear another station to call, and then
find I didn't move far enough (in the 'excitement'...)
Having said that I never seem to have been 'penalised'
for it...

Hope to work you tomorrow

Stewart Rolfe, GW0ETF