[UK-CONTEST] ARS 144mhz

Paul pasquet g4rra at hotmail.com
Mon Dec 8 05:24:19 EST 2008

Hello Andy

Also nice to work you in the contest.

I also agree with Ray with regards to the scoring system,if I had a pound for everyone who told me I was loud off the back of the antenna I would have retired to somewhere warmer than Devon by now!

The fact is that the majority beam east to get the distance,or in the case of the activity contest the multipliers.

This leaves those of us in the more remote parts of the country out on a limb.If I didnt run high power from this location I would never be able to attract the attention that I do,I know for a fact that many at my local club dont bother coming on because even if they do hear someone they cant get them to swing the antennas to the South West.
Having operated from the east coast on many occasions our main antenna stays east most of the time,with the occasional turn West if the DLs and PAs dry up,which isnt very often.

As far as GB3ANG is concerned it was actually worse than normal for most of the day, so it looks like your new QTH might work out pretty well !

Paul G4RRA

 http:/mysite.freeserve.com/4rra