[UK-CONTEST] RSGB 1st 160m - G3LET

Peter Hobbs peter at tilgate.co.uk
Sun Feb 10 16:35:35 EST 2008

Work curtailed my ability to give this one my full attention.  The last 55 minutes produced 77 QSOs (around half G's) and a total of 43 bonuses.  I got the distinct impression that things were thinning out by midnight - it was quite easy to find a slot.  US signals were down on November - even K8MFO only gave me #002 (I wonder who #1 could have been? ;-) but good to the east, although too late for much to be around.  Some G's were getting quite fluttery by the end, suggesting we are still some way from a solar upturn.

The new butane heater (thanks Cris!) means that I no longer have to pre-heat the shack for 3 hours on cold nights, making a casual appearance much more of a practical proposition, so I still had fun.

The K3 is still on the shelf awaiting its 2nd Rx, which as you say Chris is pretty essential these days.  Personally I think it's a bit off to palm us off with an incomplete rig while the rest of it is still being made to work properly, but that's another topic altogether.

73 and thanks again to all for the QSOs.

Peter G3LET