[UK-CONTEST] 80m CC CW Tonight

Dave Sergeant dave at davesergeant.com
Tue Jul 8 01:38:53 EDT 2008

On 7 Jul 2008 at 21:45, Peter Hobbs wrote:

> Dry, but very noisy down here in Sussex - not enough to trouble your QRP
> though Dave!

In fact here in Bracknell there was very sign of the pyrotechnics we
had earlier, the band was remarkably quiet. And busy, there were some
enormous serials being sent early on.

Ended up with 72 QSOs here. I thought I was going to beat my previous
QRP record as I maintained 60Q/hour consistent for the first hour -
even though when I worked no. 58 at 1958z Superduper claimed I was only
on 57/hour... But as in all these events it slowed down somewhat in the
last 30 minutes.

Hopefully next year I can manage to get some more of our members on, I
felt very lonely last night...

73 Dave G3YMC

http://www.davesergeant.com