[UK-CONTEST] RE Support and Contest Activity

John cpsarc_web at btinternet.com
Wed Jul 16 03:40:37 EDT 2008

Adopting an inclusive and nurturing policy within our contest groups will go
a long way towards encouraging newcomers to get involved.

GM2T has done this for many years, we actively encourage newcomers to take
part in all our contest efforts, particularly IOTA and have seen several shy
and reticent MM3's demonstrate themselves willing and capable of learning
what to do, handling a pile up and going on to become keen contesters.

We have resisted the practice of contesting solely with 'elite' contesters
but still manage to achieve good results.

Newcomers to our hobby will often feel that they're not ready for the cut
and thrust of contesting but many clubs have the means to include them in
their teams and invest time tutoring them and exposing them to station
building, logging and operating in a contest environment.

Regards
John MM0JXI
GM2T Team member