[UK-CONTEST] RSGB LP Contest - G3SJJ

Chris G3SJJ g3sjj at btinternet.com
Tue Jul 22 05:07:00 EDT 2008

 From an operating point of view I agree Chris. Anyone can turn the
power down, but it then takes extra skill and effort at the receive end
to extract the required information. It seems to me the main skills in
QRP are firstly getting the most efficient signal out. Obviously clicky
CW and splattery SSB are a waste of RF. T9X note and perfect audio are a
pre-requisite.  Likewise with the antenna. Dipoles need extra height,
verticals need an even greater number of radials, feeder needs to be
upgraded. That's where the skills are needed!

I am looking at replacing my RG213 interconnecting cables from antennas
to relay switch box and H100 coax runs back to the shack with Ecoflex 7
as a minimum, possibly E15 for the longer runs. We are looking for extra
little bits of dBs here!

Chris G3SJJ