[UK-CONTEST] Vanity calls- revisited

Clive Whelan clive.whelan at btinternet.com
Fri Jul 25 18:58:47 EDT 2008

Colin wrote: ( truncated)
> Clive,
>
> I attach an extract of the Ofcom/RSGB minutes from the May 8th meeting -

Thanks for the info. I can only guess at the incredible frustration of
dealing with the Ofcom bureaucrats.

Being an eternal ( cock eyed?) optimist and assuming that success is
achieved by your sterling  efforts, you have clearly given thought to
the  possible format of such calls. Alex would like to drop the E from
his ZBE and I wouldn't object to dropping the W from my NJW. However,
since there are only 26 possibilities in each case, the risk of conflict
is clear, and that is without considering difficulties of re-issue.

My best guess is that you are thinking about Mxn+2 ( where n is a
numeral, and 2xn+2 series? I further speculate that these would not find
great favour, but no doubt I will be told by the punters if I am wrong!
May I suggest that the series Gx0, Gx7, and Gx9 ( all +2) are preferable
as a starting point, to be supplemented by the aforementioned prefixes
if required. Of course ZQ is also available, but I don't think I'd want
one of those really ;-)

Do keep up the good work.

73

Clive