[UK-CONTEST] Tower Planning Application

Darrell G0HVQ g0hvq at talktalk.net
Wed Jun 18 05:22:57 EDT 2008

Hi all,

I'm just about to go for planning permission for a tower, grateful for any thoughts/advice from the contesting community.

In particular, what are your thoughts on:

- Location - I hope to install the tower on what is currently agricultural land - is that likely to make it harder /easier from a planning perspective?

- Height - hoping to get a P60, with stub mast that'll be 70ft, will that frighten them off? Plan to keep it lowered most of the time.

- Neighbours - well, I don't have any immediate ones (farmland on 2 sides of the property, main road and lane on the other sides - will anyone be able to legitimately complain (there's a guy about half a mile away who may have something to say, doesn't like any change in the village)?

- Mast - I've picked up on calling it a 'mast' rather than a 'tower', are there likely to be restrictions on what I put on it (want to minimise this as I'm always swapping aerials).

I spoke to the planners 2 years ago when I put in an application for an extension, they seemed favourable given the location, just want to get it right first time, so grateful for any tips.

Thanks and 73
Darrell