[UK-CONTEST] Tower Planning Application

Steve Jones steve at rjtraining.fsnet.co.uk
Wed Jun 18 06:15:04 EDT 2008

I would refer to it as a mast, and put in for a P80 (P60 looks similar, and
it gives you the option of offering a compromise to go down to a P60 if they
say its too high).

Don't say what is going on top of it - just refer to a "short stub mast of
approx 6ft" and the fact that it will be used to "support experimental hf
and lf antennas in accordance with the Ofcom licence".  Make it clear that
there will be a stub mast and antenna but don't let them box you into a
corner by specifying what type, although you could give some examples such
as a 3 ele yagi for 15m and a wire inverted V for 80m.

Given the location and lack of neighbours you shouldn't have any problems -
hence put in for a P80 first, and then any compromise is a P60 and not a
P40!

Good luck

73

Steve GW0GEI