[UK-CONTEST] Tower Planning Application

Clive GM3POI gm3poi2 at btinternet.com
Wed Jun 18 14:27:24 EDT 2008

I'd suggest do not specify the Mast type only the height and then make that
height something like 22m for a P60 excluding the stub mast etc, which would
allow you room to change the tower to a larger one.
    In terms of the antennas specify a maximum effective wind surface area
such as 2 sq m That will give you more than enough room for future antennas.
    Do not offer at this stage to keep the Mast down when not in use and
definitely do not agree to having it tilted over when not in use. Your stand
if queried should be that tilting over is ONLY for maintenance and should
not be for prolonged periods.
    Another useful move would be to pre write a letter from each adjoining
neighbour raising no objection to the mast  and getting those letters
signed.
Obviously don't do the above if you believe a neighbour would be against
your
antennas. 73 Clive GM3POI