[UK-CONTEST] What type of antenna wire to use?

Stewart Rolfe gw0etf at btinternet.com
Mon Jun 23 15:14:42 EDT 2008

I'm about to replace my 102 foot doublet with something a bit longer fed
with nice wide spaced feeder better able to handle a bit of power cf the
300 ohm slotted ribbon on the present set up.

I plan to use a continuous wire for each top leg and feeder arm so
cutting out connections at the feed point. Unless I can find a huge old
transformer to rip apart like I did for the present antenna I will have
to buy wire but I'm not sure whether to go for multi-stranded pvc
covered stuff or the 'normal' hard drawn single core variety. I wonder
if anyone would like to share any ideas and/or opinions on this......thanks.

--
73, Stewart Rolfe, GW0ETF