[UK-CONTEST] What type of antenna wire to use?

Clive Whelan clive.whelan at btinternet.com
Mon Jun 23 18:46:49 EDT 2008

Hi Stewart

Firstly, use stranded PVC covered wire. In a doublet configuration, any
( minimal) stretch is of no consequence, and it's much easier to handle.
Unless you have a special 1500w permit ;-) , 450 ohm slotted ribbon will
handle all the power you need, and doesn't suffer from the problems that
the flimsy 300 ohm ( TV type) stuff does in heavy rain. Again it is so
much easier to handle. One ( or more) of the London retailers sells a
special centre piece ( it might be called Ladderloc??) which will
complete the job nicely.

Hwyl fawr

73

Clive