[UK-CONTEST] How many people go contesting?

Bob G3PJT g3pjt at btinternet.com
Mon Jun 30 17:07:38 EDT 2008

Yes Roger but to make such comparisons one has to start with estimates.
To get the UK number of contesters is reasonably straightforward since I
guess that you only have to look at the big contest logs eg IOTA CQWW
and that will get most of them. For my purpose the difficult bit is
getting an estimate of the non-contesters who are active in the UK
amateur population. As you say this is a sum of minority interests of
which the casual chatterers are the most difficult to estimate. And
there are the inevitable overlaps. However I think it is worth a bit of
effort to work it out.

73 Bob G3PJT