[UK-CONTEST] CW Skimmer

G3SXW g3sxw at btinternet.com
Thu May 1 17:34:28 EDT 2008

Chris,
I dislike Skimmer too. But the same was said about DX Cluster and about
keyboard CW and about the demise of the pencil before that.

Technological advances are surely to be welcomed. Their impact can be
controlled by contest rules, e.g. Cluster makes you Assisted.

This petition recommends banning CW Skimmer altogether. Daft! Instead let's
have a category called 'Unlimited' where all modern tools are encouraged. So
long as the pure Single-Op category is preserved then it will always be by
far the most popular.
73 de Roger/G3SXW.