[UK-CONTEST] CW Skimmer

Chris Tran GM3WOJ zl1ct1 at gm7v.com
Thu May 1 17:11:06 EDT 2008

Hello UK-contesters

As you will no doubt be aware, there has been a lot of discussion on the
cq-contest reflector about the impending use of CW Skimmer in major CW
contests. My personal opinion is that although this is very innovative and
clever technology, it could sound the death knell for CW contesting in the
form that most of us enjoy. Perhaps this is over-stating things, but only
time will tell ....

Please have a look at the online petition about CW Skimmer - already signed
by such contesting luminaries as N6TJ (ZD8Z), W8JI, KQ2M, ES5TV, ZC4VJ
(G3AB) - they obviously feel strongly about this :
http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/skimmer
Click on 'Signatures' at the top to see who has signed it + their comments.
If you decide to sign the petition, please use your name followed by your
callsign(s) in the 'Name' box. (If you sign it, you do not need to go to the
next step where ipetitions.com tries to get you to make a monetary donation
to their website)

First petition I've signed in many years !

73
Chris
GM3WOJ/ZL1CT