[UK-CONTEST] Technology

Danny Higgins danny.higgins at keme.co.uk
Sat May 3 05:37:37 EDT 2008

I haven't tried CW Skimmer (yet) but from what I can gather it is a low
cost alternative for increasing contest QSOs, compared with linears or
antenna farms.  VE3NEA has made it available for all to use, and if it
gets banned from contests I can see other innovators keeping their
designs secret to maintain a competitive edge.  I run a very modest
station (currently 100W to a dipole) and when I enter contests it is for
fun, not to try and beat someone in the "same" category who happens to
have several towers and large beams.  I see CW Skimmer as a new skill to
be learned which will increase my QSO count and therefore increase my
enjoyment of the contest.  If I'm not allowed to send in an entry I will
still have enjoyed the contest, but the organisers will be one more log
entry short and participation will appear to be down when it is actually up.

73s, G3XVR