[UK-CONTEST] Aerial Mounting?

David Barber david.barber at dbelectronics.co.uk
Fri May 16 12:43:37 EDT 2008

Is the boom round or square?

If round, find a piece of tube (sleeve) with an internal diameter to slip
over boom.

Keep boom in required position with a jubilee clip on boom at either end of
sleeve.  Fix sleeve to mast.

To rotate beam either coil rope round boom and drop down in a long loop,
ensuring it can't slip, so that when raised rope can be pulled to rotate
beam and secured to hold beam in position.

Or

Make up an "arm" with a cross bracket and short length of tube.  Loop rope
through tube and again pull to rotate beam.

Both may need some form of physical stop.

Neither suitable for a permanent install.