[UK-CONTEST] Aerial mounting - thanks.

Tony Bettley tony.ldl at ntlworld.com
Tue May 20 06:18:12 EDT 2008

Thanks for all the thoughts on my query about aerial mounting on a tower
(20m 5 ele monoband).  I have used both the “obvious” ways in the past
either with boom horizontal to the ground or vertical to the ground but
always with the elements in their final position. I have never been happy
with that method because it always means at some stage working under the
antenna with the tower in the neither horizontal or vertical position and
that makes me nervous!

I’ll certainly explore some of the suggested methods and see how I get on.
I was a bit wary about clamping a large antenna with a jubilee clip even
just to stop it twisting because in my experience jubilee clips don’t have
the strength in the twisting or torsional mode that the amount of metal
suggests.

Off to the drawing board!

                                    Tony G4LDL

Checked by AVG.