[UK-CONTEST] WPX CW, UK-Contest, (and Skimmer of course!)

Tom Wylie t.wylie at ntlworld.com
Sun May 25 08:19:38 EDT 2008

Call me a Luddite - "OK so I'm a Luddite".....

I wish we could turn the clock back till the time
when the person who won the contest was the most
skilled radio operator.

Nowadays, the person who wins the contest is the
one who
has the biggest amp
the biggest antennas
the largest computing power
is a touch typist

Lets get back to the good old days, where
computers are banned - even for logging,  morse
has to be hand sent, the cluster or any of its
derivatives are banned, spotting nets are forbidden

and lets get back to old fashioned skill.....

ZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...............

Sorry I was dreaming there - back to reality....

I have an appointment next week to get some
private surgery to add a couple of hands and an
extra pair of eyes off set at an angle so I can
see all my computer screens at the same time....

My optician is working on a heads up display for
my glasses so I can dispense with the screens.

My therapist is working on a mind bending
programme so that if I merely think "I wish their
amp would blow up"   it automatically will.....
"good luck in the contest" automatically trashes
their hard drive....

Ah - ham radio - the sport of gentlemen!

I wish you the best of 73, best wishes from
Scotland, and good luck in the Contest!

oops!

---
Virus Database (VPS): 080525-0, 25/05/2008
Tested on: 25/05/2008 13:19:41