[UK-CONTEST] Tower earthing

John Lemay john at carltonhouse.eclipse.co.uk
Fri May 30 15:35:21 EDT 2008

Hi all

There's an interesting thread going on another reflector about earthing of
towers or masts. That thread is primarily concerned with fixed base, non
telescopic, rather tall towers in the USA.

I've never earthed the base of my modest Versatower, partly because I'm a
bit lazy, and partly because I'm pretty sure that there is not a good
electrical connection between the several galvanised (and sometimes slightly
rusty) sections.

Despite my reservations, is it worth earthing the bottom section ?

Many thanks

John G4ZTR

database 3148 (20080530) __________

http://www.eset.com