[UK-CONTEST] Re the flexweaver vs enamelled wire

Phil Cooper pcooper at guernsey.net
Mon Nov 3 13:11:42 EST 2008

Hi all,

Having had a flex weave dipole, I would have to suggest that enamelled wire
is much stronger, and will last longer.
My flexweave dipole broke after just 6 months, which was most disappointing.
I will concede that it's life may have been shortened by the salt-laden air
here, but even so!

I would also recommend attaching a bungee cord at at least ONE corner, just
to take some of the strain out of the tree movement. Two would be better,
but one corner would do.

As for the insulators, it sounds like you need to make the journey to
Friedrichshafen, where you will find all such things at bargain prices!

73 all

Phil GU0SUP