[UK-CONTEST] 20m vertical

Steve Jones steve at rjtraining.fsnet.co.uk
Wed Nov 12 17:57:56 EST 2008

Mark
A few guys in the local club here on the island (Dragon ARC meets first and
third monday of the month in Llanfair pg) have been using verticals to great
effect on certain beaches/salt marshes locally. Dave MW0DAA has built a
number of verticals for the higher bands and 40m out of carbon fibre fishing
rods to great effect and uses them on a weekly basis on a local beach.

We entered ssb field day this year from one of the beaches using a butternut
6 band vertical as an experiment rather than the usual doublet we use in cw
field day.

I dont live right by the sea but am planning on trying to build a 4 square
for 40m here in the middle of the island.

Good luck with the exam

Steve GW0GEI