[UK-CONTEST] OT - ZA operation

Bob G3PJT g3pjt at btinternet.com
Sat Oct 4 05:02:24 EDT 2008

Gentlemen,
The ERO document site is the reference document source, everything else
is probably out of date or just plain wrong..
Look at http://www.erodocdb.dk//docs/doc98/official/pdf/TR6101.PDF  (
latest update 28 Sept 2008)

Countries can be part of CEPT but have NOT adopted T/R 51-01 etc etc..
This is the case with ZA, RA, HV, etc etc.  Unbelievably there  are a
lot of other CEPT agreements, not just radio amateur ones!

BR68 really should simply refer the reader to ERO website rather than
attempt to list out the situation, which changes on a regular basis as
administrations update their radio amateur legislation. And note also
that the licencing conditions in the country being visited might not be
th same as you enjoy in the UK.

I will be at the HFC if anyone wants to chat about these matters. But I
still want to hear about any inconsistencies folks might find so that I
can try and sort them out, or clarify the CEPT wording.
.
73 Bob G3PJT