[UK-CONTEST] UHF Contest ?

Jiri Culak Jiri.Culak at lwss.co.uk
Sun Oct 5 06:38:15 EDT 2008

Nope...it's still on. Only signals I heard so far were from continent.
(Incl. 14-22 on Sat)
CONDX are flat...we are well bellow inversion and so are guys bellow
1000m ASL.

73
Jiri

Erm, I understand that the IARU UHF Contest is on this weekend? Has it
been
cancelled ?

I was in the shack for 2 or 3 hours yesterday, and parked up on 432.200,
expecting to hear a few stations in the contest, with the intention that
could work to give points away. I called CQ about 14:15, and worked two
stations, who had parked up on 432.200MHz also intending to give points
away.

By 6pm I had worked two stations, and tuned up and down the band to no
avail. Nothing.

Admittedly I am not fully operational on 70cms at the moment as my 70cms
Yagi is still on the ground. Nevertheless I did expect to work one or
two
stations with my 5 x 5/8 Stacked Colinear and 130 Watts, at 1500 feets
ASL.
So what's happening ? No UK activity ?

I'll spend an hour in the shack this morning, again spinning around and
calling on 70cms, just in case I can hear and work someone in the
contest.
Afterall it would be really disheartening to enter and not work a soul
for a
few hours.

73

Adrian MW1LCR