[UK-CONTEST] UHF Contest ?

Ray James gm4cxm at yahoo.co.uk
Sun Oct 5 08:35:01 EDT 2008

Admittedly I've spent most of the contest on 23cm with 16 qso's so far, best dx being 2 stations in PA.
Heard one GM on 70cm and worked 1 EI and 1 PA.
This is real fun :-(
As the CC fail by unattractive rules plus restrictions against schedule making to get folk on nationally during monthly fun activity contests then its understandable folk wont appear for major long duration events despite talkback being permitted in this one. Both my 70cm contacts came from schedules, otherwise it would be a log devoid of contacts. Even the more populous south and south east stations have turned their backs on this weekend.

Despite 2009 rules having been issued, it's only the beginning of October 2008 and time in hand to try and correct this dire situation before everyone deserts VHF/UHF and Microwaves in the UK. Waiting another 12 months should not be an option. EU is loaded with activity and contest participation so is what they're doing so wrong and we're doing is so right?
Do the experienced VHF and above contest and dx'ers have to beg the CC and Spectrum committees to wake up and smell the roses?
Okay....I'm begging.
Permit scheduling or provide an "assisted" category.
Drop M2 for all UKAC's in favour of UK based multiplier.

Turning this dire situation around will take a long time but the time to start is now.

73 Ray GM4CXM
IO75TW