[UK-CONTEST] Mics for contesting

Steve Bunting stephen.bunting at virgin.net
Sun Oct 26 15:34:21 EDT 2008

Hi Folks,

After an uncomfortable time with my Heil headset during CQWW this
weekend I have decided to revisit my choice of microphone for
contesting. Would anyone like to make any recommendations for an
alternative, both in terms of comfort and performance? Does anyone use a
boom mic and a set of noise canceling headphones? I recall a recent
discussion on here about the noise canceling 'phones - has anyone added
a head set style mic to a pair of these 'phones? If so, which mic
element did you choose (and why)?

73
Steve
M0BPQ