[UK-CONTEST] Decline in 2m contest activity

gm4fam at tiscali.co.uk gm4fam at tiscali.co.uk
Sat Sep 13 04:11:58 EDT 2008

Ray (CXM)

First off, I applaud and admire your passion on this subject - a few
hundred more like you and VHF contesting in the UK would be in a very
healthy state.

The comparison you made to operating GM7V in CQWW and using cluster
spots is a red herring ):
first, it is an American-organised HF contest not a British VHF one
second, GM7V was a multi-multi operation where cluster use is entirely
within the rules

I don't believe it is right for anyone (whether HF or VHF biased) to
poor scorn on the opposite end of their spectrum interest - it is just
not healthy for the hobby.

I for one am very glad the 2 committees have combined - a pooling of
ideas (including optimising the VHF/HF contest calendar) can only be a
good thing and I believe Don G3XTT and his team deserve our full
ongoing support, not least on the above subject (which we were
originally addressing).

73 Cris
GM4FAM  (ex A-7460)

How safe is your email? - http://www.tiscali.co.uk/products/securemail