[UK-CONTEST] Contest cheats? and Nostalgia

Andy GD0TEP andy at gd0tep.com
Tue Sep 16 08:29:44 EDT 2008

I saw (or heard) such an event on 4m/70mhz. A SV station who was pinning my
S meter yet couldn't hear me (or plenty of others for that matter) tried to
work a guy in CU, quite an event on 70mhz and perhaps a record for the VHF
bands... BUT, I remain convinced as others do that it wasn't a QSO. The CU
station gave a reasonable report, i.e. he could hear him, just. The SV
simply judged his TX periods to match... Almost. He doubled a little bit,
but he seemed happy that the QSO was complete.

Such a shame as had it really worked, it would have been a distact record
for sure.

73
Andy
http://gd0tep.com