[UK-CONTEST] Plasma TV(i)

Callum M0MCX callum at mccormick.uk.com
Sun Sep 28 14:48:07 EDT 2008

Hello Ian,

Unfortunately it's not that new (!)a year old or more I seem to remember,
however it's only recently that I actually identified it was causing me all
these issues and genuinely thought it was a common mode mains issue, hence
the large quantity of ferrites I bought to cure it.

Thing is, for the last 12 months, I've been commissioning / building a new
boat and have had little time to play RF. However with the boat now settled
in, and with the winter coming in - I thought I'd buckle down and go and
play with some contests. I have since realised the extent of this
interference is completely blocking my ability to use radio from home though
and need to sort it out.

I bought it from John Lewis with a 5 year warranty - I may be able to do
something with them (can I get Ofcom involved..?)  I wonder if anyone at
RSGB can assist though. I do hope so. If not, I'll need to weigh up the
£1,200 I paid for it -vs- my hobby.

If you know me, you'll know that I won't go down without a good quality
fight though!

I'll keep you all posted.

Regards,

Callum McCormick
http://www.m0mcx.co.uk/
If you think education is expensive, try ignorance.